Wednesday, May 27, 2009

SAND IN MY SHOES

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." Helen Keller

My Mama used to always claim to have sand in her shoes, claiming to be on the ready for the next adventure in her life. I am becoming more like this with each passing day and the past 24 hours is proof of that. Last night, I was sleeping with family on the lake in the North Georgia Mountains and tonight, I am spending the night with friends on the coast of Florida. Yes, I, too, have sand in my shoes.

One of the things that I am realizing is so important as a 50 something woman is to connect with others, friends and family alike.
These girls I am at the beach with have been my sidekicks for more than forty years! How blessed I am to be here for the next several nights with these bosom buddies.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944), a French writer, pilot and author of The Little Prince said: "It is in the compelling zest of high adventure and of victory, and in creative action, that man finds his supreme joy."


So what about you...what adventure are you looking forward to in your life?
Do you have sand in your shoes?

2 comments:

  1. I daydream about my book tour with my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What could be better than having fun on the beach with old friends. I am looking forward to doing the same thing on the coast of Maryland in June. I think that I was born with sand in my shoes!

    ReplyDelete