Friday, April 10, 2009

Well, I may have spoken too soon! I said this Blog is not about food and fitness, and it isn't! However, I must share the latest that is on my mind!
First, some background...we have two children, Leah, age 20 and Walker, age 17. While Leah is finishing her Spring Semester at Auburn University and Walker is on a Spring Break mission trip to Dominican Republic, my husband and I just returned yesterday from 5 nights in beautiful Jamaica. WE stayed in a fabulous oceanfront all-inclusive resort. (need I say more?)
WELL, here is what I wanted to share, even though I worked out hard every single day, I pretty much ate and drank what I wanted...(bread w/butter, ice cream, pina coladas, you get it!)
I think I now have more clarity about why AMERICA is struggling so much with obesity.
This morning, when I stepped on the scales, I had gained 6 (yes, 6) lbs in just one short week. OK, so now it all makes sense to me because the average person would stay at this wonderful resort, eat/drink whatever their heart desires AND not have daily fitness as a part of their life while they are there. Therefore, if the average person gained the way I have, then the pounds would just continue to add up. For me, I will choose differently! Although this is not about food and fitenss (I keep saying that don't I!?!) I will choose differently for ME today! I'll close here as my stationary bike is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment