Friday, June 19, 2009

MY BEST FRIEND

Yesterday, my best friend, my husband celebrated another birthday. We made merry on this day by feasting over a Mexican Fiesta with friends, family and a Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey homemade ice cream cake!
He has now lived 18,890 days since his birth on June 19, 1957! And I have just calculated that I have had the blessing to know this man for 11,190 of these days. We've been married for 9,730 days and 7,420 days have passed since he first became a father.

This makes me think of Frank Sinatra's quote about his loved one:
"May you live to be one hundred and may the last voice you hear be mine."

And one of my all-time favorite quotes comes to us from Abraham Lincoln:
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, buddy! And HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, too! You and I have certainly experienced the following unknown quote:
"Fathers carry snapshots in their wallets where their money used to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment